Now Hiring: Project manager
Project Manager - Bunnell Hill Construction
The Project Manager role is charged to lead and provide management for all phases of our construction projects; including but not limited to assistance in the sales process, estimating, coordination, bidding, budgeting, scheduling, pay applications and of course project oversight.
- Effectively assist in the development and preparation of all project pre-construction assignments and functions including Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development and understanding RFP processes
- Assist in Business Development; interact with clients and potential clients; prepare and participate in client presentations and interviews to secure new work.
- Interface and collaborate with Design Team members throughout the Project Design Life Cycle (Conceptual, Schematic, Design, Construction) providing constructability review, cost analysis and design re-direction as required to maintain budget integrity.
- Analyze comprehensive bid packages and negotiate subcontracts and material buyout.
- Coordination with Operations to ensure a reasonable and realistic set of project goals has been completed (permitting, preliminary schedule, staffing, logistics/sequencing, general conditions, special conditions)
- Manage project progression including submittals, change orders, master schedule, conflict resolution, project documentation, quality assurance and develop project specific safety plan.
- Oversee project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; forecast and analyze construction costs, assemble schedule of values and monthly pay applications, evaluate risk exposures and profitability through project close-out.
- Overnight travel as required, and work overtime as required 10%-20%.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architectural or Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training
- 8+ years of experience in managing commercial construction projects in a general contracting setting
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively use On-Screen Take-off Software (OST, Bluebeam); AutoCad/REVIT experience a plus
- 3+ years using scheduling software (Suretrack, Microsoft Project)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in developing complete project scopes of work and associated competitive pricing utilizing proposal phase design documents and or preliminary scope of work narratives in development of a detailed cost model
- Ability to consistently function independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people effectively and simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organization and management skills with the ability to handle disputes in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to target and maintain professional relationships with suitable subcontractors and vendors based on a specific project schedule, delivery and scale
- Effective communication skills to clearly communicate to various audiences
- There are no direct reports for this position, however the individual will provide indirect supervision and management to subcontractors on a project site
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to safely walk around a construction site to be aware of potential hazards
- Ability to operate construction tools and machinery, when needed