Student Co-Op Opportunity
We know the importance of staying ahead of the curve and fostering new talent whenever we can. Furthermore, we respect our Cincinnati and adjacent communities and wish to see all of our land continue to flourish for years to come. To this end we here at the Schueler Group offer the opportunity for students to experience the work we do in the real estate service industry and get hands on experience around commercial construction, both in the field and office. We provide professional guidance so interested students can gain real-world insight into the innerworkings of a real estate development team, helping them build a strong foundation to pursue their future careers.
Bunnell Hill Construction has an excellent opportunity for a student to join our team as a co-op. Our design/build team prides itself in providing a meaningful experience both in the office and on the job site for today’s students, with the goal of their becoming tomorrow’s employees.
The Co-op will:
- Assist with bid solicitation and estimation of new projects.
- Assist with quantity take-offs (Blue Beam REVU)
- Review and qualify subcontractor proposals.
- Take part in project scheduling and coordination (Microsoft Project)
- Effectively track RFI, SUBMTTAL, and change-order logs
- Develop weekly reports for owner review.
- Participate where appropriate in sales presentations.
- Work to understand contract, change orders and pay application procedures
- Use CAD/REVIT for preliminary site layouts, and floor plans.
- Execute drawing reproduction
- Attend pre-bid, pre-construction meetings
- Handle close-out documents
JOB EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE WORKING WITH PROJECT MANAGERS:
- Assist with day-to-day site operations
- Attend weekly coordination meetings with subs and owners
- Understand and effectively implement company safety procedures
- Conduct daily site safety and cleanliness inspections
- Compile weekly toolbox talks
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Ensure that work being performed is being done correctly and as per plans and specs
What can a BHC Co-Op expect to get out of their time with the company:
- A Co-op can expect to gain a greater understanding of both project management & superintendent duties in a commercial construction environment through real-world application and firsthand experience. A co-op can expect to have a better understanding of GC/Client relationships and how this relationship is grown from conception to completion of the project. A co-op with BHC will be able to experience both PM and superintendent roles, so they can have a well-rounded co-op experience with Bunnell Hill Construction.
If you are interested in becoming a team member, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our job listing at Handshake. Phone messages will not be acknowledged.
Bunnell Hill Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Bunnell Hill Construction has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.